Your Impact – #GivingTuesday
Today is Giving Tuesday; the day to do good stuff for charity.
Our chosen charity is one close to our hearts, Sands, the stillbirth and neonatal death charity, which we’ve raised over £14,000* over the years. In 2018/19 Sands have supported over 15,800 bereaved families and professionals.
It’s not just about raising money, it’s about making an IMPACT.
Impact can be many things, and today is a timely reminder to think about how you can make an impact.
Impact on your Time:
- Focus on your values, structure and team. By creating the right environment and giving the right tools, you can get out of the way and focus ON your business.
- Stop procrastinating and start making decisions.
Impact with your Team:
- Take a step back and remember that people need to something to believe in, someone to believe in, and someone to believe in them.
- Listen, don’t tell because we feel unloved and undervalued when someone isn’t fully listening. Being present and aware – not distracted – is one of the most powerful ways to engage your team and get them caring about your business as much as you do.
Impact in your Marketplace:
- Play the game you want, in the area you chose, the way you want to, how you want to, and with what you want to. Then – and only then – have you a great chance of keeping the competitive advantage, as your opposition has no idea what game you are playing. It’s your rules!
Impact with your Customers:
- People don’t buy the products you sell; they buy the stories you tell. Your story must be all about your listeners and come from your heart; people care about people, not companies, because you can’t hug a company.
- Re-visit (or start) your story and focus on creating emotion and connection.
- Why are you telling this story?
- How has an event related to your business affected you, and what have you learned from this?
- Can you involve some of your customers as characters?
- Think big and about your future you’re shaping – millennials love this.
Think about this today, and tomorrow…and next week… as these WILL make a world of difference to the things that matter in your life – your business, your profits, your causes, and your sanity.
The Scalability Coach | Britain’s Top 10 Adviser 2018 | Author of #1 bestseller I don’t work Fridays | Ex-CEO of a PLC
* We’re waiting for the final report from the publishers to come through so that we can work out what we’ve raised this year through book sales.
Image by Stefan Keller from Pixabay