Podcast with Martin Norbury and Ian Macleod: Coach of Newcastle Eagles, the most successful British basketball team of all time
This week we’re delving into the world of Sport because there’re so many parallels with business: from leadership and culture through to setting up systems, measuring success and managing multiple stakeholders.
So, here’s my Podcast with Ian Macleod, Head Coach of Newcastle Eagles basketball team.
(For those of you who may not be aware, Newcastle Eagles play in the top-tier British Basketball League and are the most successful British basketball team of all time!).
Listen to Learn:
- Understanding the strengths AND the needs of your team.
- How incremental changes can make a BIG difference.
- How to avoid major cultural problems with your team.
- Managing expectations at the recruitment stage, NOT on day one!
- Managing multiple stakeholders.
- How to put yourself in the best position as a Leader to achieve the expectations and results.
- How to get your team to own their individual performance and impact.
- The key Alerts, Alarms and Measures Ian and his team use.
- How to plan for – and celebrate – the ups and withstand the downs.
- Why it’s okay (and essential) to make mistakes.
- How to let go and STOP fixing everything yourself.
Please allocate 41 minutes this week to listen to our chat – there are genuinely so many lessons to learn for us all, and it’s a real insight into what it takes to be a Coach for a top-flight sports club. LISTEN > https://bit.ly/PodcastIanMacleod
Ian is in our Private Facebook Group, so if you have any questions for him, please fire away in the group. Here’s the link (even if you’re not a member, click and we’ll do the rest to get you in there) > https://www.facebook.com/groups/idontworkfridays