The ONE Challenge in Your Business: Scale Lessons in Leadership
The default position of any business is death…
95% of businesses never get past a certain point…
And only 4% of businesses ever get above ten staff.
The good news, however, is that there’s only ONE challenge in your business and that is all down to the Leadership.
Fix this and you’ll fix A LOT of other things.
Leadership is critical, EVERYTHING stems from the Leader:
- If there’s no profit in your business, then you as the Leader must understand why.
- If there are no sales, you as the Leader need to understand why.
- If your product isn’t delivering on time to specification, you as a Leader must understand why.
- If your staff aren’t effective and aren’t doing the right things, that understanding why begins with Leadership.
- If you have no cash in the business to do the right things, you need to understand why. And that starts with Leadership.
Now, a lot of people will turn around and say they have people doing that, but again, if they’re not doing their job effectively, that starts with Leadership.
So, what are you doing to either get them to do their job, or to remove them from doing their job to help someone else do it?
As soon as we realise that we have the ability to respond to anything, we take OWNERSHIP of everything that is going on.
And then as everyone else around you takes on their areas of ownership, you can then take a step back to focus ON the business and get towards that 4%.
PS if you want some great examples of leadership, then head on over to our Podcast as every episode includes insightful conversations around Leadership from the world of Business and Sport > https://anchor.fm/highfrequencyfridays
Investor | Business Mentor at Advocate | Author of I don’t work Fridays
Image source: https://pixabay.com/users/mohamed_hassan-5229782/