Today is Giving Tuesday; the day to do good stuff for charity. Since arriving in the UK just two years ago, it runs in over 70 countries and achieved a World Record for the most money raised online for charity in 24-hours.
Of course, it’s a fantastic initiative to raise money and we’ll continue to raise awareness and funds for our chosen charity Sands, the stillbirth and neonatal death charity, which we’ve raised nearly £14,000 for.
Today is also a timely reminder of how else you can make a real difference in your business, with some really quick and simple ways >>
- Focus on your values, structure & team, because by creating the right environment and giving the right tools, means that you can get out of the way and focus ON your business.
- When dealing with your team – whatever level – take a step back and remember that people need to something to believe in, someone to believe in, and someone to believe in them.
- Listen, not tell. When someone isn’t fully listening to us, we feel unloved and undervalued, being present and aware of everything is one of the most powerful ways to engage your team and get them caring about your business as much as you do.
- Continue to have a childlike curiosity. Us entrepreneurs love shiny new things and looking into new opportunities, so please remember to carry this into your day-to-day business as great questions make great dialogue. Not only does it show you’re a great listener, your staff will no longer see conversation as a ‘game to win’ but as an opportunity to challenge and learn.
- Play to win, don’t ever play not to lose. Play the game you want, in the area you chose, the way you want to, how you want to, and with what you want to. Then – and only then – have you a great chance of keeping the competitive advantage, as your opposition has no idea what game you are playing. It’s your rules!
- Make choices every day; stop procrastinating and start making decisions.
Think about this today, and tomorrow…and next week… as these simple steps WILL make a world of difference to your business, your profits and your sanity!