37 days ‘til summer. But who’s counting?
Well, you should be counting, because the sooner you plan your time away, the sooner you can kick off your shoes and relax.
No checking your emails on your phone every 10 minutes…
No dealing with a client query by the pool…
No calling the office on the beach to resolve a staff issue…
No family feuds for not being present…
No promising yourself it will be different next year… (because you said that last year).
It doesn’t need to be complicated either!
- Ensure everyone knows the numbers needed to deliver the plan.
- Have your scorecard set up so the entire business will be alerted to any potential issues before they arise.
- Get all those processes out of your head and documented.
- Delegate those and set accountability, making sure everyone knows what their 100% looks like.
- Start 15-minute Daily Huddles NOW so that you and your team get into a culture and habit of answering all you need to know, and to focus all by asking: What happened yesterday? What are we going to do today?
Time is the most precious commodity we have, so please make sure you make the most of every minute.
And if you’re still not convinced, here’s how we helped husband and wife team Pete and Chloe. In less than 6 weeks Pete went from not being able to see the wood for the trees with some big staff issues, to flying out to Florida with his family for the whole of August whilst their business was still running!