You Can’t Manage People (so think about this)…
Managing people is one of the biggest headaches for business owners. And that’s because you cannot manage people.
Let me say that again:
You Cannot Manage People.
But what you CAN do is create an environment, so that your Team is on the same Path.
Let me explain… Studies show:
- 70% employees say managers don’t provide clear goals or directions…
- Only 37% employees feel they have a clear understanding of what their organisation is trying to accomplish…
- Only 5% employees understand their company’s strategy…
- A Harris Interactive study of 23,000 workers found 80% do not understand how their jobs relate to their organisation’s goals and strategies…
Take a step back this week to think about this. Have you:
- Defined your Mission, Vision, Values and Purpose?
- Have you allocated/filled specific roles to deliver the Numbers to achieve your goals?
- Have you clearly communicated and rolled-out your Mission, Vision, Values & Purpose?
Because without all of this, you’ll still have one big headache…
(If you need more clarity around the differences between Mission, Vision, Values and Purpose then you know where I am).
Investor | Business Mentor at Advocate | Author of I don’t work Fridays
Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay