The same goes for business. Not a week goes past where I have conversations with business owners telling me how they need to:
- Stop procrastination and start making decisions.
- Get under the bonnet of their business to understand it more.
- Stop firefighting and start planning.
- Let go and get out of the way of others.
- Have a difficult conversation with a team member.
- Sort out the numbers.
- Design a specific process.
- Stop, start, review, etc etc
The trouble is, the majority of business owners don’t want to. They may be scared, unsure, not confident, overwhelmed, lethargic… Whatever the reason, it is a lack of Want Power that holds businesses back.
Those businesses that succeed have a strong desire and want to do something. Nothing will get in their way. They’ll take a risk and face the consequences. They’ll ask for help. They want this.
This week, please allocate 90 minutes to think about what YOU really want in your business and life – write these down, commit to them, and start an action plan to execute. If you’re unsure of anything – there’s hundreds of books, colleagues and experts to help you.
I honestly think I’d be vaping at best if I hadn’t discovered want power vs will power.
I’d also be working Fridays within all the constraints of a plc…
It is your choice…
The Scalability Coach | Britain’s Top 10 Adviser 2018 | Author of #1 bestseller I don’t work Fridays | Ex-CEO of a PLC