You Said That Last Year! The 10 Rules of Summer
Today is the longest day of the year as we enjoy 16 hours and 43 minutes of daylight in the UK. It’s also officially the start of Summer.
Mrs N is finalising our 9-week colour-coded spreadsheet, our diaries are blocked out, we’ve made plans. It’s quite a work of art.
Have you done the same in your business?
Answer me honestly, how many of these sound familiar to your previous Summers?
(1) You can’t make the dates your friends / family can make, because you’ve not blocked time out in your diary, and you now have commitments.
(2) Your last day in the office turns into Armageddon, rushing around like a headless chicken.
(3) Your ‘Out of Office’ asserts you won’t be checking emails….
(4) You check emails every hour of every day of your holiday.
(5) You leave Nick in charge, but you call in and interrupt him at least once a day to “check-in”.
(6) Your travel companions get frustrated with you constantly sitting alone, inside. You blame the heat, but it’s really because you can see your screen better.
(7) You have a life-changing lightbulb moment…
(8) But you don’t do anything about it when you return because you’re ‘too busy’ playing catch-up.
(9) You promise yourself it won’t be like this next year.
(10) You said that last year . . .
Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
But wouldn’t it be nice to STOP repeating this time and time again?
It’s not rocket science; but it does take focus, discipline, planning, and guidance (because we’re not superhuman).
If you’ve not yet started the process, take action this week because I don’t want you repeating the same this Summer, and the next, and the next….